A very important question, here is how Showroom commission works
Let’s say a retailer pays a 20% commission to Showroom for each item sold.
This is how that commission would be calculated:
- A lamp retails at £95, plus a £5 delivery charge
- The customer pays Showroom £100
- Before transferring this amount to the retailer fortnightly, we debit the commission, plus VAT (so total commision is £20+VAT in this example).
- This is where the money goes:
- £2.60 is paid to Stripe
- Leaving £17.40+VAT to share between Showroom and you as the publisher.
- Typically our publishers receive 50% of that net commission.